Monday, May 19, 2008

Sentences Encountered Whilst Grading Today

"Don't fudge a book by its cover." (If you must add something to the fudge, go for walnuts instead.)

"True love is from the bottom of the heard." (but all I can think of is 'herd')

"She is a chop off of the old mother." (Feebly grasping at 'chip off of the old block.')

"I feel that Chinese nursing techniques are pay attention to modality and most nurses are very striped-pants." (She isn't talking about uniforms, I don't think . . .)

"The rain in the spring is mizzle, like a smile." (This reminds me of one from my last test. I asked the student to write a sentence using the word 'grocery.' She wrote, "In fact, the Egypt is grocery." Which is pretty awesome, frankly.)

"Driving car is different [from riding a bicycle], you just need to sit there and use your hand to control the steering wheel, after a long time, fats deposited on your abdomen." (Want to lose weight? Stay away from steering wheels!)

"The main body [of a business] is made up by members who are the main driveling force that makes plans into reality." (Having worked in business for a while, I couldn't agree more.)

"When students have a terrible test, their minds will be exchanged." (Which, in some cases, might be advantageous to their grades.)

Dave

No comments: