Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top Seven Things I Have Learned from Student Papers

Well, it's research paper season, and even though we're only in the outline stage, I have already discovered some surprising new facts from my students. If you're into facts for the day or top ten lists, please enjoy the following trivia for this week:

7. The Eiffel Tower was built for the French Revolution.

6. Winfrey’s mother can not stand the crazy child’s behavior, she intends to put the Green into the justice, the beds happen to children is full, she was out. (What I really learned from that sentence: Electronic translators are bad! . . . Oh, wait, I already knew that.)

5. The mummies of the Egyptian pyramids had been protested well.

4. Princess Diana was a good mother because she never let her sons join the recreation.

3. Martin Luther King, Jr., signed the emancipation proclamation.

2. If you stand under the Eiffel Tower, you can feel lots of poems and writers who are come from the last century.

1. The destruction of Pompeii was not a bad thing because it can promote tourism development.

Desiree

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some very interesting things to learn from your students' research papers. (Okay, I have to admit it actually caused me to look up the Eiffel Tower to find out WHY it was built & what the French Revolution would have to do with it.)
Thanks for sharing and causing me to further my education!
Love, Mom W

Unknown said...

This is hilarious! Where do you even begin with explanations???

Carrie said...

Thank you--that was very instructive. :o)

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very fine