Sunday, March 4, 2007

Just a bit nervous

Well, we’ve seen Shanghai, we’ve eaten the food, and we’ve already met some friends. But tomorrow morning at 8 o’clock, we start doing the thing we came here for: teaching English. The prospect of trying to teach 118 college-aged Chinese girls (40 at a time) for 80-minute periods in a rather cramped classroom is a little intimidating—mostly because, although I taught freshman English as a graduate assistant at Bob Jones University, this is unlike anything I’ve ever done before in my life. And it’s what we’ll be doing for the next few years.

So while you’re eating dinner, relaxing, reading, hanging out with friends, or getting ready for bed (whatever you normally do around 7 to 10 p.m. EST), remember us. We’d really appreciate it.

Desiree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know you can do it, and those girls will probably be more attentive than any girls you'll find in the US.

We love you.

Dad & Mom W

Anonymous said...

How'd it go, guys?

Natalie said...

I hope your first days of teaching are going well. I've been thinking of you! As soon as you are able, let me know how it's going (I know how busy those first few days of teaching are, so don't worry if you can't email for a while).