Tuesday, April 10, 2007

As you wish . . .

Today, since we were all caught up in the textbook and I wanted to do an extended listening exercise with my girls, I borrowed Elijah's digital projector and watched The Princess Bride. Four times. In a row. And all I have to say is . . .

This movie is awesome! It's probably been ten years since I watched this movie (before today), but I have to say that if you're one of the few people I know who hasn't seen it, you're missing out big time. It's got something for everyone. A few favourite exchanges:

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect." "Wait till I get going! . . . where was I?"

"We'll never survive!" "Nonsense; you're only saying that because no-one ever has."

"Give us the gate key." "I have no gate key." "Fezzik, tear his arms off." "Oh, you mean this gate key."

And of course, our personal favourite: "It's possible . . . pig." If you haven't ever heard Des and I say this, just get one of us to say "It's possible." The other has to finish the quote!

Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew this had to be you Dave when I saw FOUR times!!!! AGH!!! I think I would rather be Sawyer with Said pushing toothpicks below my nails.

Chaya said...

Dave,
Don't let Kat's comments dishearten you. Your appetite for good films is appreciated.
chaya

Will said...

Hear hear. What a day, to get to watch it FOUR TIMES?!?

By the bye, I'm lovin me these posts from you and Des. Keep em up!!

Anonymous said...

Have we ever seen the "Princess Bride"? Maybe we can watch it when you come home!
Love,
Mom W