Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Princess Bride: Through Chinese Eyes (But English Tongues)

Some of the things that our students write are inadvertantly hilarious. When we watched Princess Bride a while back, I asked them to tell me what their favourite and least favourite characters were, and why. Here are a few that elicited a laugh (at least from me).

Christina's Favourite Part:
Westley fights with the big animal which is like a chimpanzee. He is very in dangerous, but in the end, he wins.

Jessie's Character Evaluation:
Who is your favourite? Farm boy. Why? Handsome. Who is the worst in the film? Buttercup. Why? I love farm boy, but he loves Buttercup.

Janet's Least Favourite Character (so much for damsels in distress):
Who is the worst in the film? Buttercup. When her lover Westley has danger she becomes stupid don’t know what to do.

Helen's Least Favourite Person:
I hate the little boy. He always interrupt the story when I really want to know what happened next.

Jacky's Favourite Line (somewhat lost in translation)
"Hello, I'm Inigo. Prepare to die!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jesse's comment. Spoken like a true fan :D

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I need to stock up on some movies to bring to China before I fly out July 4.

I just discovered your blog--followed the link from Katherine Cooper's. Looks like you're doing well.

Chaya said...

We watched a few snippets of this movie the other night (on our laptop via the questionably illegal download my husband didn't know was illegal....)It never gets old for me.